- Undergraduate: Boston College. Chestnut Hill, MA. BA, Psychology
- Medical School: Tufts University, Boston Mass.
- Medical Residency and Chief Residency: University of North Carolina
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University Of North Carolina
- American college of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Physicians
Dr. Julia Hughes joins Wake Gastroenterology after completing her training at the University of North Carolina in 2018. She practices general Gastroenterology, with a particular interest in women’s gastrointestinal conditions, including constipation and pelvic floor dysfunction, as well as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis), Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colon Cancer screening and prevention, acid and peptic related diseases (GERD and peptic ulcer disease), and Hepatology. She places a high value on the physician-patient relationship and the empowerment of patients to understand their disease processes and be active participants in their management. Her interests outside of work include running, traveling, and spending time with family.
Practice Website: wakeinternalmedicine.com
Wake Gastro (919) 781-7500