Find Your Zone During Healthy Weight Week
Join us during Healthy Weight Week and commit to:
- Eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Limit prepackaged and processed foods
- Cook at home instead of going out to eat
- Move your body and exercise
- Use a smaller plate to limit portion size
- Increase your fiber intake
- Find ways to eliminate stress from your day
- Accept your present weight and set realistic goals for weight loss
- Create positive relationships with people who encourage you
Incorporate these goals into your week and then work on making them into habits. It takes at least 30 days to form a new habit, so be patient with yourself. Success begins with embracing who you are.
Stanford University School of Medicine found that 63 percent of participants in a study who had a positive body image were more successful at losing and maintaining weight for a year compared to a 26 percent success rate for those who were dissatisfied with their appearance (Source: Shape). How can you work toward develop a positive body image? By realizing that fitness is not a number; it is a way of life. Avoid choosing a “perfect weight” for yourself. Instead, think of your ideal weight as a zone, or a range of weight in which you feel comfortable and beautiful. If you focus on healthy lifestyle instead of a number or a measurement, you can feel truly satisfied.
Share the message of Healthy Weight Week with a friend or family member. Maybe you can create some goals together!